This year the TAB Townsville Cup - Limited Edition race day is different to anything we've done before. Here's what to expect on the day.
>>> Quick link: How to get there
When you enter the grounds through the gate indicated on your ticket you will need to go directly to the your designated area. Event crew will be able to help you with directions and will be reminding patrons of COVID-19 safety regulations throughout the day.
- You must stay in your designated area - your area has amenities, food and betting facilities to make sure you've got everything you need.
- You must be seated while drinking or eating (no dancing permitted at this race day).
- Maintain social distancing during all activities, including queuing (we will have extra bars and toilets on course to assist with this).
- There will be limited numbers of patrons allowed to stand at the rail to watch the horses run - observe signage in this area.
- Wash your hands or use our hygiene stations regularly.
- We do reserve the right to evict any patrons not following the above guidelines.
The Townsville Turf Club has been granted approval to run this event under the Racing Queensland's COVID safe plan. As we are a licensed venue we must also abide by all regulations set out by the Office of Liquor and Gaming and the Queensland Public Health Unit.
You will not be permitted to attend the event if:
- You have been to a known COVID hotspot in the last 14 days or been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- You are experiencing flu like symptoms.
We rely on our patrons to respect our protocols as the continued operation of future events is dependant on your cooperation.
Gates open (NEW START TIME): 10.30am – 6pm
Day: Friday 14 August
Location: Townsville Turf Club, Cluden Park Racecourse